Monday 3 March 2008

27 February Madrid - Lima

Hi to everybody!



Welcome to those who wanted to read my adventures and had to wait for couple of days for this first note. I could make up many excuses, but rather will start with the first impressions, that is getting to Lima and first advices from my fellow travellers.

In short about the flight - Iberia 6651, this time packed to the last seat, and my guess - because of 51 passenger from San Isidro church in Lima coming from a pilgrimage trip in Israel. I was fortunate that my ¨E¨ seat- the very middle you can think of - was occupied by a kind woman and I could take her aisle seat to stretch out legs. However, have to say that after flying Lufthansa to Vietnam last year, Iberia was luxury! Enought leg space, good food (that of course is a relative term) and happened to have nice co-passengers and the crew. So, if you want to fly to South America, Iberia is not a bad option.

Terminal 4 in Madrid is neither a bad place to be, but, an advice - if you want to cash some money, do it outside. The 1 atm machine they had, did not work... Nothing surprising after 1year in Spain.

The nice woman next to whom I was sitting was Lucia, if I recall some 74 years old, but neither myself or Eduardo, the other passenger sitting next to her could believe it. 3 of us had great fun- guess especially them as they were giging advices to the "gringa" who was going to Peru first time. One of them was the portions of food that I have to expect will be huge... But so far (4th day in the trip) I have not noticed that. What I have noticed that ¨chicken and rice¨ that marked the start of the trip in Iberia 6651 has been following me though for the last 4 days: seems like the menus that once can get never includes anything else but rice with chicken. Chicken sometimes being soft and nice, and sometimes being a rubber piece impossible to digest.

One I have to say that the first impressions that I got because of my 2 co passengers Lucia and Eduardo - people being very nice - has also followed me through the first days of the trip.

My flight ended with a promise to Lucia that when I am in Lima after my first legof the trip, we will have to pass by her place, and as Eduardo said - we will meet there for a huge party. If that will happen - will let you know later.

No comments: